Dukes London was ahead of the solo travel trend, introducing the Duchess Rooms, a discreet service tailored to the solo, female business and leisure guest.
Now, with more women travelling alone than ever before, Dukes has announced the refurbishment of the rooms, promising a comfortable and restful getaway.
Nestled in a quiet cobbled courtyard, Mayfair’s quintessentially British five-star hotel is perfectly located in the cultural centre of London, with Buckingham Palace, The National Gallery and Trafalgar Square only a short stroll away, while also being well located for the City.
The refurbishment further enhances the already popular Duchess Room service and offers guests sumptuous surroundings to relax and unwind in.
Rooms have been decorated in fresh greys and whites, with the bedspreads and cushions providing a pop of colour to the interiors.
Other recent developments for the Duchess Rooms include the introduction of The Fresh Pantry, which offers guests a selection of healthy and nutritious in-room dining options.
The snacks have been locally sourced or are from local London markets and include crunchy trail mixes, fresh natural yoghurt with blueberries and delicious pressed juices.
In addition to the refurbished rooms and The Fresh Pantry, the Duchess Rooms offer the following touches as standard:
- A personal welcome card from the female general manager, Debrah Dhugga
- A female room attendant escort guests to their rooms and handle all room service and housekeeping requirements
- Makeup mirror, hair dryer and styling accessories are positioned at easy reach from the dressing table
- Fresh flowers brighten every room and a complementary fruit bowl is on offer
- Female amenities are in every bathroom
- A choice of glossy lifestyle magazines laid out on the dresser or coffee table
With its location in the heart of the city, Dueks London strives to ensure that women feel just as at home as male guests while staying at the Mayfair bolthole.